Monday, October 5, 2009

Well, I sort of forgot to pop back in and update from Ella's surgery! Well, it all went well and to plan, however she is very bruised, so they have decided not to access the port for a few weeks to let it settle down a bit. We had bloods done this morning and her counts are still really good so we are all set to enter Phase Two - Consolidation Therapy tomorrow morning. Have to be at the hospital at 7am ready for theatre. This phase is made up of chemo via lumbar puncture once a week for 3 weeks, and an oral chemo once a day for the next month. This phase goes for 4 weeks.
We got Ella's bone marrow biopsy results back that was done on Thursday and the prelim results (not all of them are in) show no trace of cancer cells in her bone marrow! Yay! So, her body is responding to the chemo and has killed of all exisiting cells. Now it's a matter of killing them off as new ones are created. I wish it was all over now and that she was "cured" but no...we still have 2 years ahead of us and I am sure it's not always going to be this great news - so when we do get the good news, I'm going to celebrate it when we can!!!
Got to meet some more families today - it was nice to have a chat about some of my concerns etc and know that the others mums are feeling/have felt the same too.

Well, backyard renovation rescue began on the weekend, and I think it's starting to look fantastic!  For anyone who is not on my facebook, photos can be seen here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=111673&id=528902837&l=caeb62b950

Providing the rain stays away, I think Ella and I might play outside for a little while this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment